Tomorrow– well, today actually, since it is past midnight– I want to try this recipe for breakfast. I found it on “The Ultimate Daniel Fast” website.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk, rice milk, or soy milk
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen banana, peeled (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup fresh mixed greens (spinach, kale leaves, chard, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal, optional
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: about 8 ounces or 1 cup)
NOTE: Flaxseed meal is a powder made from ground flaxseeds. It is high in fiber and a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Nutrition Facts (calculated using almond milk and flaxseed meal)
Calories per serving: 133