Should I be proud that I have worked out every day this week? Today I had a super-fruit breakfast: mangoes, pineapples, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and a slice of dark wheat toast…and a cup of loose leaf black tea. Do I need to tell you that it was delicious?
Had a minor fallback with Chinese leftovers for lunch, but made up for it with a Jillian Michaels kickboxing session. My snack later in the afternoon was sliced veggies and some pita chips.
Dinner: Tomato soup from scratch.
- 3 large tomatoes
- 3/4 a sliced white onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Put all ingredients in a large pan
- Add enough water to cover the vegetables
- Boil until tomatoes are soft
- Drain most of the water
- Put in the blender and blend until smooth
- Return to pot and heat, stirring occasionally
- TASTE IT–> then add more seasoning as you prefer
Here’s my cheat: I added 1/4 cup of MUIR GLEN Organic pasta sauce (Italian Herb flavor) just for a little Oomph. Also, I am guessing on the measurement because, well, I didn’t measure anything. Regardless, the finished product was delicious. I made a side of fish sticks (UNHEALTHY- I know, but my sexy husband eats unfair amounts of processed foods while still saying slim, so this is how I bribe him to eat my soup) for dipping.
Overall, this day was probably a health positive. Planning on a run tonight- at least two miles. It isn’t fun, but it’s the only way I’ll be able to run a 5k.